The island can boast a well-developed bus network, which is an inexpensive and comfy way to see Tenerife if you’re reluctant to rent a car. There are 2 bus stations in the south of the island: in Los Cristianos and Las Americas. They are called Estacion de guaguas. In the north, bus stations are in Santa Cruz and La Laguna.
What do you need to know?
- All buses are presented by Titsa and painted green. There are numerous routes which can get you to the most remote corners of Tenerife.
- All buses run on a schedule that is available on Titsa.com. Schedule changes at weekends. When it says sabados, domingos y festivos, it means the schedule is for weekends and holidays.
- Buses stop on demand: just raise a hand at a bus stop. When you wish to get off, simply press the stop button located on the handrails.
- Suitcases, bicycles, baby buggies, surfboards and everything large you have, can be carried for free in the luggage compartment.
- Kids under 4 (including) can travel free of charge on their parents’ laps.
FareTenmas card (ten+) is the most inexpensive to buy, making the fare up to 40% cheaper. The card can be purchased at bus stations for 2€ and replenished in the amount of between 5 and 100€. They aren’t valid on routes to Teide and Cape Teno only. One card can be used to pay for several people.
IMPORTANTAttach the card at the driver’s while getting on and attach it again at the validator while getting off, otherwise you’ll be charged as if going all the way to the final stop.
Bus numbers and fare
- Las Americas - Teide Volcano: No.342 for 8.05 €
- Las Americas - Santa Cruz: No. 110, 111, 711 for 9.45€ on a bus or 6.25€ with ten+
- Las Americas - Puerto de la Cruz: No. 343 for 14.60€ / 9.60€ ten+
- Las Americas - Los Gigantes: No. 473,477 for 4.20€ / 2.80€ ten+
- Las Americas - South Airport: No.40, 111.343, 711 for 3.70€ / 2.90€ ten+
- Las Americas - North Airport: No.343 for 12.40€ / 8.90€ ten+ ?Directions within the resort area: 1,45€ / 1,15€ ten+